|Hmm. . .
I Wonder If Mommy
Has Already Made
609 Medical Center Dr #2300
Decatur, TX 76234
Mon, Tues, Thurs: 8:15 - 12 & 1:15 - 5
Wednesday: 8:15 - 12 & 1:15 - 4
Friday: 8:15 - 12
Please Call for Holiday Hours
|Last updated on Nov 16, 2009 Created & Copyright © 2002-2009 Wise Pediatrics, P.A. All rights reserve
1. If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office. During regular office hours, our licensed
nurses are available to answer questions, give medical advice and schedule any needed appointments. For
urgent problems after hours, call 940-626-4400 and our automated system will direct your call to the
appropriate staff member. The automated system also provides a number to call to speak with our
answering service, who will page the on-call Pediatrician. During stormy or overcast weather the
paging system will not always work. If the doctor has not called back in 20 minutes, please call
If you have a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 or take your child to the nearest emergency room.
The emergency room physician will evaluate your child and if he/she determines that a hospital admission is
warranted, the doctor will be contacted. Please limit after hour calls to urgent problems or emergencies.
2. Well child check-ups are usually scheduled 2 days after the baby leaves the newborn nursery, then at 2
weeks. Other check-ups are at: 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18 and 24 months with yearly follow-ups thereafter.
More regular check-ups may be required if your child has any chronic medical conditions that require close
follow-up and treatment.
3. When you are making a newborn appointment, please call the office as soon as you get home.
Newborns are usually scheduled between 8:15 and 9:00 AM to help decrease the chance of exposure to
4. Well Child Checks are scheduled Monday - Friday, unless there are extenuating circumstances.
5. Sick visits are also available Monday - Friday.
6. Our office has both a sick and a well waiting room for your convenience.
7. All vaccinations are given according to the American Academy of Pediatrics schedule. All vaccines are
given by a licensed nurse. Because of the risk to our youngest and most fragile patients, we do not
accept children whose parents refuse immunizations.
8. Dr. Hollis has admitting privileges to Wise Regional Health System here in Decatur. If your child requires
a higher level of care, then Teddy Bear Transport will be called to take your child to Cook Children’s
Hospital in Ft. Worth, or one of the other DFW Children’s Hospitals, depending on bed availability. The
physicians at the receiving hospital will then care for your child throughout their hospitalization. Upon
discharge, our clinic usually receives a summary record, which is important for follow-up.